Friday, March 9, 2007

Anais and Brett duel for my soul

OK, so I'm starting a new job on 4/2. Last day at current place of employment 3/23. What to do? Anyone who knows me knows that I must have at least one trip planned on the horizon, or I become comatose and require a retinal scan and a boarding pass to revive me . Since Istanbul has become a bit problematic logistically, I've come up with the following options with the help of cher Spencer (pron: "spahn-SAY"):

PARIS VS PALM SPRINGS

(Please weigh in with comments. If you dare tell me to try Constantinople I will pinch your elbow fat very hard next time I see you).

PARIS

Pros:
- My dearest friend Ellen lives there with her fiancee, Benoist. NON, mes amis, pas de Ben-Wa!
- Imagine myself as Anais Nin in the poet's dens of the marais
- Romance? See my cher above.
- Couture
- Monmartre
- Um...find Uffie?

Cons:

- Been there a bazillion times, so I know this:
- "Paris in the Spring" is over-rated...at least in March.
- Indulge in the city's luxuries during ever-so-brief unemploymentand conveniently feign ignorance of the strength of the Euro! (On that note: file under "Pro")

PALM SPRINGS:

Pros:

- Easy
- Romance? By default?
- Dry heat + pool = ahhhh
- Sun-kissed glow
- Relaxation
- "Detox". I can say this because I live in LA. I don't know what it means, but I think it has something to do with sweating out alcohol before it gets to one's liver. (File under "dry heat", above)
- No jet lag

Cons:

- Anti-climactic way to spend 10 days
- I have porcelain skin. Glow may not be possible.
- Brett Easton Ellis nightmares

HELP!